model space <-> paper space in layout tabs

alijahed

Hi All,

maybe it's a stupid question to ask but I have the following problem:

when I'm in layout tabs and double click in the VP somehow it changes to model space and I can play around in it, when I want to back to paper space just double click on the outside of the VP.

but the situation is a little bit different when I zoom in to VP and I lost te VP boundary. In that case when I double click on the screen it goes to model space but I have no clue how can I get back to paper space again because I can't see the boundary of VP to click outside of it :cry:

TIA

Cheers

Ali

Happens to everyone sometime. Type _.pspace into the command line to get back into paper space. There should also be a paper/model toggle button on the very bottom bar of your ACad window. I recommend setting your scale first thing in a viewport and then locking it, either from the context(right click) menu, properties palette, or the yellow lock icon at the bottom.

Happens to everyone sometime. Type _.pspace into the command line to get back into paper space. There should also be a paper/model toggle button on the very bottom bar of your ACad window. I recommend setting your scale first thing in a viewport and then locking it, either from the context(right click) menu, properties palette, or the yellow lock icon at the bottom.

THANKS MATE:shock:

You can also Lock your VP once its created so you don't have to worry about moving anything. Select your Viewport and open Properties - Display Locked change to YES. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in 2006 and cannot find how to lock my viewport.

I cannot find the context(right click) menu. I cannot see anything in the props box to lock the viewport and the yellow lock in the bottom right corner is wrt the toolbars and their locations.

Is this a version issue or am I misssing something else?

PS, is there a comprehensive link to a forum that covers paper space vs model and things like rotating viewports? I'd be most interested!

Thanks

When you get paper space,type in command line "mv" enter "L" enter "o" enter

and select your paper view window!

For rotate view port,first you need to rotate "ucs" according to your rotate view port.Then type "ucs" enter "plan" "enter" "enter" !

• 2 months later...

You are doing whats called "Maximizing the Viewport". This creates a red border around the entire screen when this happens. just type VPMIN to Minimize the Viewport back to paperspace.

how do i retrieve?

Go to your "Options" dialog, "Display" tab, "Layout Elements" section and check the box that says "Display Layout and Model Tabs".

Model-Paper tabs.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having problem with new autocad LT 2009. I have drawing (drawn with autocad 2007), there supposed to have 3 pages of layout but when I opened it with LT 2009, I couldn't find any MODEL/LAYOUT toggle button and there are only 1 layout appear :huh:. can anyone who using new autocad 2009 show me where are those MODEL/LAYOUT toggle? i've tried to find it but no success :cry:

Go to your "Options" dialog, "Display" tab, "Layout Elements" section and check the box that says "Display Layout and Model Tabs".

got it, thanks! :)