Plumbing in MEP ?????

mcklem

What are the standards people are using when using the Plumbing features in MEP...do you use the plumbing lines to create pipe runs are do you design it with the piping tool? If i understand it right, you use the Plumbing lines for a more schematic approach, and Use piping for a more detailed 3D approach. There really isn't much in the tutorials or help for the types of questions i have so i ll just start listing them.

Does anyone else have the a problem where the 2d plumbing symbols are being scaled down when creating sheets ?

What kinds of MvParts/Parametric parts are people creating? So far i have made a hose bibb, a wall mounted faucet for a Mop Sink and a Water Heater.

Also what is this Wastewater extension pack from Autodesk that i keep hearing about? Where is the download Located and does it help?

I know thats a lot of questions but the tutorials are a joke....the "creating a vent system" was neither realistic or helpful.

Why does it seem like there are so many things missing on the Plumbing side of MEP. I have seen the benefits of it in a lot of areas and think it could be beneficial to use, but i am interested to know what others are doing and how they are going about it.

Thanks in advance.

mcklem,

First, Welcome.

Our company doesn't use the 3D features for most of our plumbing drawings and have created 0 plumbing parts. Althiugh we have made a few for the mechanical side. We use MEP mostly for our mechanical drawings. I agree about some of the tutorials. Check your annotation scale in model space is set to the same as your viewport scale in paper space. Waste water extension is at autodesk download center and I haven't used it.

The plumbing part of MEP is 2D specifically and 3D does not have the DWV parts included per se'. The wastewater extension (for both 2008 & 2009) is available only to subscription holders and it is awesome! especially if you are in that biz (as I am). Also as a subsrciption holder you now have access to hundreds of tutorials recorded at AU 2008 (last week) covering a multitude of Autodesk products...

• 2 weeks later...