Cross-section From Plan

wannabe

Anyone got a routine that can help me to produce a cross-section from a plan.

Normally I make a polyline putting a little cross on each contour. I then use this to show my cross section contained within a grid showing height and and distance.

I am aware this is possible in Map 3D, and dont expect a function for vanilla that can do this exactly the same. Nevertheless, if any improvements can be made to the current process it would be a big help :) .

Thanks.

i havent got a lisp for you im umfraid check the threads at the bottom, because im not a lisp man but im sure of what your'e asking isnt a hard task to say the least

Check out this lisp that I use:

Hi Bob,

Thats an excellent routine; thanks for the refferal.

One small issue, and it really is minor, is that my contours are mainly on one layer, but there are a couple on another layer I need to add.

I could easily do it manually, not a problem. But if there is a way of using this routine to enter multiple layers, then please let me know.

Some drawings may allow me to convert all contours onto one layer. But that may mean copying xref's and things. So it would be good if I could ask this routine to recognise contours on multiple layers.

Cheers.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...

One would assume the lisp routine must somehow determine what contours are being crossed and their elevation then cut the appropriate section just like it would be done manually on the drafting board.

Oops...looks like Lee Mac beat me to the punch here. Follow his advice.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to bother,

I wish to use quickprofile.lsp from Bricscad as a CAD-newby. This is what I did

1. Drawing 3d polylines and/or splines on layer CONTOURS
  2. Drawing polyline on layer ALIGNMENT
  3. Loading script
  4. During execution defining contour layer as CONTOURS
  5. Select line from ALIGNMENT as horizontal
  6. Leaving exaggeration as default

Hence I receive the error message

; ----- LISP : Call Stack -----

; [0]...C:QP

; [1].....LISTPTINTERSECT

;

; ----- Error around expression -----

(VLAX-CURVE-GETDISTATPOINT HA-ENAME INTERSECTPT)

Any hints for getting this to work are appreciated. Unfortunately I cannot read LISP code. I have attached the file I am working with.

Best wishes from Bamako

Sebastian

quickprofile_test.dwg

When doing in above sequence for step number

1. Drawing 3d polyline

I have to FLATTEN the polyline and then CONVERTPOLY to lwpolyline. Hence I get a profile drawn referenced to 0,0. Seems that 3d polyline is not read and 2d polyline neither. Unfortunately I loose the elevation information while doing so. Any hints appreciated

Edited by schoeller
Wrong information provided

• 1 year later...
Dear Friends,

I want to know that how I make Typical Cross Section Drawing for Road Work & Culvert in Autocad , PLZ reply me early as possible.

Creating a cross-section using plain AutoCAD is pretty much like doing one manually on a drafting board unless you are working off of a 3D model. Are you?