Ellipse Modification

Ok. We are creating a custom table here at work. My boss wants a specific width and length of an oval table....when i create an ellipse you are restricted to a certain curve that he does not like....I will attach this drawing to help try to make better sense. If any of you guys have any great ideas please let me know. Thanks much. p.s. hes getting pissed at me lol

_1205110549_001.pdf

better pissed off than pissed on...

If he can't live with a true ellipse, try creating it with a Spline, it'll take some fooling around thogh.

First draw the major axes, that is a vertical line of 10', and a horizontal line of 6'-6" so that the mid points of each line are together. Then start a polyline from one end point, then draw the line between end points in order, until you get to the fourth point. Then complete the polyline using the Close option. Then start PEDIT, pick the polyline and use the Fit option. Job done :D

all right im really sorry but youre losing me when you say "then draw the line between end points in order" sorry if im just dumb its been sorta a stressful day

yep tried that too lol i really appreciate you guys tryin but im coming to the conclusion that there is no logical solution to what im trying to do. my boss can just an idiot sometimes and thinks he knows EVERYTHING then proceeds to tell me im dumb and dont know what im doing but ive been using autocad since 10th grade and im now 21 years old....so im pretty sure 4-5 years experience and top of my class indicates im pretty smart when it comes to the use of autocad.

all right im really sorry but youre losing me when you say "then draw the line between end points in order" sorry if im just dumb its been sorta a stressful day

OK, I didn't know at what stage you are with AutoCAD. Get your OSNAP set to Endpoint. Then start the Polyline and draw between the endpoints of the major axes in order. Read the command line at the bottom of the screen and it should come out.

DrawPoly.jpg

yeah thats what i thought you were talking about you just worded it a little different then i would have and i was getting confused on what you meant by "between end points" but thank you very much for trying to help me out i really appreciate that.

Draw one quarter of it with the spline command, turn splframes on, adjust to what you want, mirror the rest. The more picks making the spline the more you can control it. Draw center lines, then off set them multiple times, draw an ellipse as a guide, trim the offset lines outside the ellipse to get started on end points to use for the spline.

Also, draw a rectangle, pedit, spline. It will get you close enough to then draw a spline at the end points.