Can't Delete or Zoom in on Objects

ziemerd

I can see two objects in my drawing but I cannot zoom in on them nor can I delete them. Any idea what is going on with this drawing?

Thanks for the help.

Dawn

Here we go again. Didn't we just have a very similar situation like this not too long ago? It too was with an AutoCAD vertical product. It was the weirdest thing I ever saw. Geoffers would remember. I think it was something like a marker of some sort. It doesn't print out though, right?

I got it!!! I did a Ctrl A and that selected the objects. Why Ctrl A selected the objects where dragging a window did not is beyond me.

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing that information with us. I'll have to look up the key-combo and see what, if anything, it might be used for in AutoCAD.

Well Dawn you get today's prize for teaching me something new. In plain AutoCAD using + invokes a Select All. Looking at the command line I saw:

_ai_selall_ Selecting objects...done.

Everything in my drawing was highlighted. Interesting. Will have to remember that for those stubborn cases where some objects just don't like to get thrown out with the trash.

Thank you.

Geographic markers show as a circle with lines radiating out from the center to the edge. Select all or Ctrl+A will not select them. Using geographiclocation command will let you remove them.

Sometimes the objects that are seen but can't be selected are artifacts from TTF text. I don't have one to try to see if it is selectable. I have stopped using TTF and have eliminated a lot of visual problems I was having.

Hey ReMark, I'm glad you learned something new but I can't take credit since I learned it from someone else on this forum. This really is a great place for learning AutoCAD.

• 1 month later...