Help to draw deck of cards aces

Pahkina

so there is my problem, if you search whit google ACES whit image search , you should be able to see the 4 quite simple aces, i need to quite much "do" them.......... if anyone could help me whit the "symbolistics" i would be Grateful!

please do.. i did try to get the spades curves right for like 1,5hours .......

aces.dwg

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pahkina

• ReMark

• Cad64

• Tankman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe you could substitute a text symbol. I'm sure there is a font that has one.

Why do you need these representations of the four different "suits" anyway? Is this just for fun?

Try this. Find pictures of the card suits and copy them into your clipboard. Then paste them into CAD as a raster image and "trace" over half to get the curves right, then mirror them so they come out symmetrical. I recommend you use a polyline to make modifying/mirroring easier.

or just by looking at them you could draw one in like 30 secs using polyline. toggle between arc and line in using the polyline command in drawing just one side, then as maxwell has suggested, use mirror to get them symmetrical

Pahkina: Did you take any of the advice above? If so, what did you do? If not, why not?

just woke up, couldnt have time to do anythign quite yet .

i tried the arc and pline mirror combo, but no success

For a moment I thought you stayed awake all night. Alright. Well try another method and report back here with your results. I'll try to keep an eye on your progress.

What is the purpose of all this? Is it for a class?

Nah, just for friend, asked me to do something like that and i took the challenge.. thought it would take 2 - 3 hours max, but i was wrong..

ill try something else then.

thanks everyone.

Don't give up just yet. Let's us know how it progresses. If I were doing it I would just take one playing card for each suit, go to the copier and make an enlargement (200%). Then I'd cut the symbols out, paste them to my digitizer and digitize them in. That would take about 10 minutes I think.

I'd still consider taking a look at some of the font symbols. Perhaps all the symbols for a heart, spade, diamond and club would be found there.

I'd still consider taking a look at some of the font symbols. Perhaps all the symbols for a heart, spade, diamond and club would be found there.

Its odd because when i look at my text "outfits , theres just 1 model and thats the odd one.. and if i try to copy from the window's place wheres all letters and stuff, cad just makes it question mark symbol and .. buh. ill just do it whit polylines and arcs

AND NOW ITS READY (quite much :twisted:

cards are quite slim ;

Rate please ! :D

aces.dwg

Not bad. I noticed you elected to not join the lines in the symbols for spades, clubs and hearts. Not that anyone would notice when it was printed out. Just an observation and not a criticism.

Try this. Find pictures of the card suits and copy them into your clipboard. Then paste them into CAD as a raster image and "trace" over half to get the curves right, then mirror them so they come out symmetrical. I recommend you use a polyline to make modifying/mirroring easier.

Or, take the easy way out? Just as Maxwell Edison, any relation(?), paste an image into your *.dwg file. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guess someday I'll have to upgrade to '09. Usin' '05 and '07, couldn't open Pahkina's attached file.

I always save to 2000 when emailing drawings, then, I don't get the call, "Can't open the *.dwg file."

ACES.dwg

Im going to run it whit Woodwop in school and then make the runs for it ... then teh 1337 cnc runs throught MDF

newest, took me half hour or something

its 2000.dwg now i think lol. :> hope everyone can see them, RAte aswell please.

Assess.dwg

i dont know if i can ask this here.. if i am going to download autocad student version from students.autodesk

is the autocad civil 3d nearest to normal autocad ??

i couldnt find autocad 2007- 2009 anywhere...

if someone tells me witch of their products are closest to 07 -09 edition, i would be grateful.

cheerrsss!

ps. direct link would be nice ;)

Im going to run it whit Woodwop in school and then make the runs for it ... then teh 1337 cnc runs throught MDF

:huh: Can you say that again, in English? :?

newest, took me half hour or something

its 2000.dwg now i think lol. :> hope everyone can see them, RAte aswell please.

Looks pretty good, but I think I would use a font like "Dutch801 Rm BT" for the "A" and then run the Express Tools TXTEXP command to explode the letter into an outline. This will give you a much nicer looking letter for your cards. You will have to do a little cleanup, after exploding, to remove the extra lines though.

ummm woodwop converts from dxf to something else and you can put the program for CnC machine to do the hard work..

its umm.. joiner? wood worker school thing i think :S

how can i do font dutch801 rm bt .. if i try to get other fonts, it just says thet theres only 1 kind of font ....

If you type STYLE at the command line, you should get a "Text Style" dialog that will allow you to create new text styles.

Oh, and thanks for the explanation. I didn't understand what you were talking about. :P