joining a tube

bikoy

hi..everyone,, i know it is very simple for those who are expert,, can anyone teach me how to join this tube...?what command i used maybe im wrong from the very beginning...please check my attachment, how can i join this tube as one....:huh: hub.zip

Type in " union " in the command line. Pick both and then enter. Should work for ya.

it worked for you? a bit strange when i tried it, it doesnt seem to work

it worked for you? a bit strange when i tried it, it doesnt seem to work

Yes it worked just fine. I am using 2009 but that shouldn't matter.

i got an inconsistent edge error in 07 when trying to UNION them. I also had to move the end tube and "snap" it to the center of the other tube. you can see in this screen shot the overlap(and they are actually offset a very small amount from eachother. if you move one tube so it snaps to the center endpoint of the other, union should work fine for you. If you need them in the exact orientation they are in now, you need snap them together, then offset the amount you need.

for instance the way its setup now they overlap by 1' 7 13/16"

tubehelp.JPG

the issue its having(sometimes) is the way the two tubes overlap. They arent lines up and when Unioned they create some small geomerty that throws up a red flag. How did you create the path for these tubes? It could be done in one sweep(in 07 or newer)

the issue its having(sometimes) is the way the two tubes overlap. They arent lines up and when Unioned they create some small geomerty that throws up a red flag. How did you create the path for these tubes? It could be done in one sweep(in 07 or newer)

I didn't create the paths. I opened the hub.dwg file that was uploaded. Once it opened I switched to an iso view so that I could see it better. Then selected UNION. Then selected the two tube sections and then ENTER. That was it and they joined just fine for some reason. Beats me! :D

thanks...guys,, sorry for my innocent mind...i try this command also but it doesn't work, just because of my wrong procedure... i ddn't select the two object together in one selecting only that why my procedure ddn't work...thnks again to all,, who giving me idea...:roll:

yeah its work...next time again i hope next time you can help me again...o:)

ah...guys i forgot one question related to this,, how i can make this tube using the path of the tube, to make this tube in one sweep only, like shift said how can i do that,, what command i use,, in making the path?

if your line path that you use to extrude the tubing is a single polyline, it will work. sometimes you have to get creative with how you layout your path, you may need to create a couple of lines, fillet, then rotate.

There is a lisp program called tube lisp that a member here made. It will do just what you need. Also one called xpipe that the same member made but it makes a solid tube. Do a search and you will fine them.

yes i did that procedure what you said shift before, but the problem is, i cannot join the path or the line and curve into one because the other line has different ucs to the other one line...:huh: