New to 3d modeling

zachg188

I am new to 3d modeling and I have been given a problem where I have to draw a paper clip. I don't understand what I need to submit. The question entails that I am to create a 3d model and 3 or 4 standard views in paper space. What do I need to submit?

asking for 3 to 4 standard views may be asking for orthogonal views IMO,

or just isometric views... then again its a bit queer to be required to get 3-4 views of a paper clip

Submit a top, front and one side view along with an isometric view. These would be the four standard views normally required of an object.

You draw one paper clip in model space. Go to you layout, determine what size sheet you want to use, then using the View command set up the four viewports required.

Keep in mind a paper clip is rather small so scale your viewports accordingly. Also lock your viewports. You do know how to do this, right?

I take it you are familiar with drawing objects in 3D and using commands such as Extrude?

Post back to this thread with any additional questions directly related to your original question. Good luck.

P.S. - When you are done consider posting your drawing here for an in-depth critique by our esteemed panel of highly-overrated and underpaid judges.:roll:

P.S. - When you are done consider posting your drawing here for an in-depth critique by our esteemed panel of highly-overrated and underpaid judges.:roll:

:lol::lol::lol: LOLZ