Problem with Hidden lines not showing up dashed in Model Space

eksekseksg3

Hello, I am somewhat of a beginner at this whole AutoCAD thing. I'm working on a final project for my Intro to CAD class and I'm having a problen with Hidden lines. They show up as regular continuous lines in model space but show up regularly as dashed lines in paper space. I came across this thread on google, but I have no idea how to do what the guy says. Could someone possibly explain how to fix this in a way that I could understand? :oops:

Thanks a lot. :D

toggle your LTSCALE to adjust the line's desired appearance in model space, then set PSLTSCALE to 0(i think, or try 1) for the line to show @ the same scale in Paper space and model space. dont forget to regenerate so you could see the actual line

your problem seems to be other way around than most people. most people have dash line sin model & can nit make it show in paper.

your problem is simple. just selct your lines in model & in properties pallette, select 'linetype' - continuous.

you can slect all your dasshed lines at ones using 'qselect' or 'filter' command & change them all at ones to continuous in properties pallette.

hi...i was just working on somebody elses' drawing (needed to make some revisions) and encountered this exact problem. went back to this post and problem solved....keep learning something new everytime. awesome.

Thanks a ton guys for responding but...eh...I tried what I could understand from your posts without much difference.... :/

toggle your LTSCALE to adjust the line's desired appearance in model space, then set PSLTSCALE to 0(i think, or try 1) for the line to show @ the same scale in Paper space and model space. dont forget to regenerate so you could see the actual line

by LTSCALE I'm guessing that means linetype scale, correct? What is PSLTSCALE and where do I find it? I tried adjusting the Linetype scale but it had no effect....'

**EDIT** Nevermind, I messed around some more and I found psltscale and whatnot...I can adjust the scale in paper space, but no matter what value I put in for LTSCALE there is no change in model space, it is always continuous.

your problem seems to be other way around than most people. most people have dash line sin model & can nit make it show in paper.

your problem is simple. just selct your lines in model & in properties pallette, select 'linetype' - continuous.

you can slect all your dasshed lines at ones using 'qselect' or 'filter' command & change them all at ones to continuous in properties pallette.

I tried this...and it didn't make any difference, I'm not sure exactly how changing hidden lines to continuous is going to make them dashed....:?

thanks again guys.

Msltscale=1

Ltscale=1 (or your preference)

Psltscale=1 (needs to be set in each layout)

I entered those three in both layouts, made no difference.

Still dashed in paperspace and solid in modelspace. :(

From Help

MSLTSCALE

Type: Real

Saved in: Drawing Initial value: 1

Scales linetypes displayed on the model tab by the annotation scale

0 Linetypes displayed on the Model tab are not scaled by the annotation scale

1 Linetypes displayed on the Model tab are scaled by the annotation scale

Note: MSLTSCALE is set to 0 when you open drawings created in AutoCAD 2007 and earlier.

Whats your annotation scale set at?

The Scale is 1:1

wait hold on...give me a minute

Ok I might have gotten my facts wrong...in model space it is the continuous line...in the layout 1 tab...it is still model space I guess, just with inverted colors....in layout 2 tab it is the paperspace viewport type thing, and the lines in there are dashed.

Sorry I really don't know what I'm doing outside of model space.

The smart aleck answer is don't set it to 1:1, why would you want to?

The practical answer is set Msltscale=0 Ltscale=50 and Psltscale=0 (but I don't recommend it, doesn't allow the proper display in vports other than 50 scale.)