Autocad MEP Plumbing run on a Laptop

rmacchione

I am looking to purchase autocad MEP to be used for plumbing design and coordination. I want to have it installed onto a Laptop for the flexibility to be on the jobsite. Any advise?

Both,

If I decide to purchase a laptop I would hate to have problems down the road. I will of course purchase something that is more powerful than the system requirements. Looking to see what people have found to work the best and what not to purchase. For example upgraded video card, processor, ram and a larger screen.

Autocad Mep - pro’s and con’s used in a plumbing application. I currently have Quickpen Autobid mechanical estimating software and am looking into pipedesign 3-D.

I know this is a broad spectrum. Any information in my search would be helpful.

Thank you,

Just my opinion but a Core2 2.0 wilh four gig of ram and a 512 vid card is a must if your doing major 3d. If 2d only just about anything will do that is selling now.