zoom/display problems?

chris_o

hi guys, I'm new here, and I'm getting frustrated with what I'm experiencing now with my autocad 2009 and now needs help.

Whenever i zoom in (like zooming as much as it can), most of the diagonal lines are acting weird such as vanishing yet clickable, "ghost" lines appears (visible but not clickable), becomes a broken line, line stretching and etc. The Regen command doesn't help here.

it was not like that before, and i didn't even touched the options.

thx in advanced for those who will help^^

specs:

proc: c2q @ 2.5ghz

mem: 4 gig (3 gig)

gpu: ati hd 4870 512mb ddr5

btw,

I'm trying to upload a video of it, explaining excatly what happening is kinda hard.

First, welcome to the forums.

Second, are these just regular lines or another type of element...dimensions, etc.? Is this happening on multiple drawings, or multiple machines? If it is only effecting your machine it may be an issue with the GFX driver. Check AutoCADs communication center to see if any new drivers have been made available for your card, also see if you have the latest service packs installed.

First, welcome to the forums.

thx

Second, are these just regular lines or another type of element...dimensions, etc.?

yes, regular lines, happens on any drawing I open.

but the thing is it was working perfectly yesterday then suddenly acted strange today...

but still, imma do what you advised ^_^

• 1 month later...

I have exactly the same problem. The nearly I zoom, the larger displacement of some lines (or polylines) are. And weird ghost lines appear.

AutoCAD 2009 Update 2 doesn't repair that problem.

If I change view>visual styles>2D wireframe to 3D wireframe, I can zoom nearer (little better) for this problem to apear.

Anybody with solution?

Look in tools>options and the level of graphical detail that can be applied to certain objects. I forget which tab, probably display.

Hope this helps.

Turn off Hardware acceleration under Tools\Options\System\Performance settings\Manual tune. This should solve your problems, it did to me:D

Finally, weirdest acad problem SOLVED!!!

Thank you Mrs. Kotnjak!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I had this problem as well... thought it was a display card error... was using X850 XE PE, then upgraded slightly to a HD4550.. and then HD4650..

well, didn't do anything.

I originally turned off 3D acceleration, but then performance suffered quite a bit.

In the end, what worked for me was that whilst keeping Direct3D enabled, and all the gubbins turned on, you can turn OFF the Adaptive Degradation, and then the lines come out ok again!

Not actually sure what adaptive degradation does when i'm working in 2D models most of the time, not actually sure if the performance needs to be adaptively degraded at any time.. but anyway, that worked for me, and now i can keep my nice Direct3D performance enhancements.

wonder if the GeForce cards have this problem too?

I did exactly what you do, turn off the degradation and turn on the Direct 3D, but the lines went back to the previous wrong performance when I zoom in. I really want to have the 3D enhancements but I work a lot in 3D wireframe and I can’t do it if the lines go crazy every time I zoom.

Thanks for the tip anyway

it seems that we all appear to be affected by a glitch in the AutoCAD 3D engine at certain degrees of ******ed-up-ness...

some people find certain things work that other might not.

i think it is clear that turning off direct3D is a sure way to get rid of that zoom problem, the downturn is that the performance does suffer quite a lot.

the other alternative would be to install back a previous version of AutoCAD.... never seemed to have this problems on earlier versions

• 1 year later...