layer property manager won't open

minnie

I opened a drawing this morning that was sent to me by another office. I tried to open the layer property manager and it gave me a message that there were more layer filters than layers and that I should delete some of the filters. I said ok, but the property manager dialog box never opened. Now I can't open the layer property manager dialog box in any of my drawings. Any suggestions? Thanks!

• 3 years later...

I'm not exactly sure if this is related ... but i use LMAN command to automatically control layer properties and to turn certain layers on/off. Until today, my lman command would list all my saved layer states in a separate dialog window. Now, it basically gives me the same options, the same saved layer states, but it's all on the command line, and I have to cycle through keyboard commands, where before I could just point and click on the dialog box, and it would know if i wanted to restore a state, save a state, etc...

I've tried resizing my window and/or the "move" technique, but no luck... the window is definitely not popping up anymore.

Is there a toggle switch for this? I've tried un/reinstalling autocad and the express tools... still no luck. please help!

Set FILEDIA=1.

Thanks for your response...

I wish I'd seen it sooner, as I re-uninstalled and installed the software and seems to be working fine.

It'd never happened before, dunno what triggered it, but at least I know what to do if it happens again.

It may have been triggered by a poorly written lisp routine that failed to reset system variables to their original values.

FYI: You should never resort to uninstalling/reinstalling AutoCAD as your first response to a problem. Try to solve the main problem first. If that fails, try the REPAIR option next. If that fails THEN do an uninstall/reinstall. If you had one flat tire would you immediately take all the tires off your car and replace them? I think not.

Wasn't exactly my first response... definitely not an ideal solution as it washes away any chance of pinpointing the problem. But, I was in a rush and not getting anywhere; had to make an executive decision. Live and learn.

Thanks

• 3 years later...

When I try to open my Layer manager in ACAD 2007LT I get a fatal error message and it closes me down. Can anyone help me??

Did you create the dwg or was it from external software ? Sometimes a layer name can cause problems, try RENAME Layer and look for an odd named layer.