lines don't connect

run2kdjhm

I have a problem with my lines connecting. if i draw a triangle by clicking the line tool then drawing three lines and try to extrude it thinks the lines are not connected. it will not extrude.

i can constrain the lines with the coincident tool but it takes forever.

i know there is a setting that i have that is not checked. if a line is on the screen and i move my cursor over an endpoint of the line i just created then it will be selected but no constraints are applied. all i want is to easily draw shaped with lines that have an automatic constraint. i have used this program in class but the settings wer set to be that if a triangle was drawn then it would be colsed and it could be extruded but my settings are wak.

any help would be appreciated

thx

I'm not familiar with how Mech 2009 differs from AutoCAD 2009. Normally a triangle made up of three separate line segments would have to be "joined".

As ReMark says, use the PEDIT command to turn the 3 line into a closed polyline. That will extrude fine.

There is a "Typ of the day" on the CADTutor main page about "extruding" an area, but it uses a different command (Presspull? or maybe Looft?)

try to view your drawing in an isometric views... sometimes lines can be tricky unlike to polyline... they might have different elevations. that is why you cant join the three lines.:P