Font Styles

KnoJa31

CAD has a default font style that is labeled "Standard", is it possible to remove that style and have only one that the an administrator defines?

At my office we have users that like to switch between diferent styles, but our company standard is to have one style. I would like to limit users from being able to select the standard style inadvertently.

Thanks ahead of time for the help!!!:)

Yeah! i think that is the only way to prevent a user from selecting that style. I was just hoping that there would be some kind of back door that would allow me to delete that style all together.

Thanks!

There most likely is - but I'm only a CAD monkey so can't tell you where to find the file :(

if nobody else responds to this thread here, we'll move it to somewhere else and hope for a better answer there!

In the mean time, see if any of the threads listed at the bottom of this page are of any help to you :thumbsup:

pretty certain you can't remove it. its a bit like layer 0, AutoCAD must have something to start with. There are a number of "STANDARD" items, text style, dimension style and table style spring to mind, there may be others too.

I would expect AutoCAD to reconstruct these if you did manage to remove them.

I am now even more certain that it can't be replaced. I saved a drawing as a DXF. I then replaced every instance of STANDARD with Style1 and opened the drawing. Guess what? I have a standard text style. All my default font styles are style1 but standard is there too.

you can redefine the style

or rename the style and this solution what i prefer, cose redefine will make problems when copy and paste from a dwg to another dwg.

in Dynamic Style Manager

then Highlight the style

then rename

than what im doing

What is the "Dynamic Style Manager"? Never heard of it and I did a search in Help - nothing came up?

DimStyle is one thing, but removing Standard from Text styles is another. I believe that there is no way to remove that style. I have searching the web for an answer and dbroada pretty much confirmed it.

a simple test here does seem to confirm that you can rename the text style using the RENAME command. I am surprised that using a DXF didn't work but this does!

OHHHHHH!!! Well that could work out pretty good then. I could just rename STANDARD to something and just change the font styles to match the standards that my company has choosen to follow. Just in case someone wants to use that style.

It looks as though it can be save to whatever you want (like "-").

WOW!!! Thanks guys!!! that actually will work out pretty good.

a simple test here does seem to confirm that you can rename the text style using the RENAME command. I am surprised that using a DXF didn't work but this does!

Wow, nice tip. It doesn't let you rename it in the Text Styles dialog box, but with the RENAME command it works. Good job Asos. :)