3D Orbit issues

VTtwinner

When I use the command '3D Orbit', my drawing automatically goes into perspective view. Moreover, it is in 'fly' mode, not constrained 3D orbit. This has never been like this before, I don't know if someone changed my settings. How do I "undo" this?

go into 3dorbit or 3dforbit, right click and check parallel, exit. That setting should stay, or is that what you have tried already?, you didn't say.

Well, I got on the phone with MicroCad, the company that sold us Autocad, and worked with one of their techs for a 1/2 hour, no luck. We tried everything. I finally ended up uninstalling our Autodesk software and reinstalling it this morning problem gone, but it still bugs me. How did it happen..

rkent, I went into 3dorbit, and tried right clicking, checking parallel. it would change, but only last for one mouse click, then it would revert back to perspective/fly mode.

• 3 years later...

Once you're in 3DORBIT, right click, click "reset view". Then right click again and click "parallel". Exit the command. Change view back to 2dWireframe (or whatever you were using). It should work now. AutoCAD glitch.