AutoCAD MEP

Vigilante

Is there a section here to discuss MEP?

Also, does anybody know of any place to get MEP training, especially video training, and hopefully for the newest version (09)? I'd like at least some "getting started" and "basics" videos for 09 if anybody knows of any.

My boss wants me to find some kind of CAD software that lets us do 3D duct layouts or at least be able to see ducts in 3D cross sections. Right now we do all 2D double-line drawings. Since Autodesk makes MEP, I'd rather use that than some other 3rd party program. I have installed the MEP demo and would like a crash course in using it to see if it fits our needs. On top of that, new regulations in my state require heat calcs for every job, so that is also something I have to learn how to do, and I believe MEP helps creates those, so instruction there is also good.

Thanks

There is a section for MEP its towards the bottom, personally I dont know how to use it but my company is starting to do it for a job, once you figure it out, were still working on that, it seems to do a good job of showing the 3d the bigest problem is loading all the ducts that you use (transitions, turns, splits, ect) sorry I cant be more helpfull but maybe someone else will respond or you'll find what your looking for in the MEP section towards the bottom of the AutoCAD forums page

We recieved some training through our local distributor for MEP. The biggest thing is just sitting down and practicing. MEP comes with a lot on fittings out of the box, many of which are useless (3"x3"x3" Duct Tee for example). The piping side of it is pretty good, a little tough at first but you will catch on quickly. We have never used MEP for our load calcs but you can import them as an XML file.