from ipt to dwg?

pvd

It might have helped 2 1/2 years ago.

Jeeze, who replied (with an wrong solution, (AEC Exchange save as dwg solids does exactly that - solids, no sketches)) to a 2 year old question? 20 lashes with a wet noodle.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pvd

• ReMark

• JD Mather

• Safwah

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Would the option of selecting the sketch geometry and copying it (Ctrl-C), then pasting it (Ctrl-V) in a DWG file work? I know the reverse can be done. You may have to do it for every sketch you have. Remember to copy the geometry within the sketch (the lines and arcs and stuff), and not the sketch feature in your part browser. It's a bit more work than what you're probably hoping for, but it should still get the results you need.

Would the option of selecting the sketch geometry and copying it (Ctrl-C), then pasting it (Ctrl-V) in a DWG file work? I know the reverse can be done. You may have to do it for every sketch you have. Remember to copy the geometry within the sketch (the lines and arcs and stuff), and not the sketch feature in your part browser. It's a bit more work than what you're probably hoping for, but it should still get the results you need.

You can Export sketches in DWG and DXF format...

export_sketch.jpg

Would the option of selecting the sketch geometry and copying it (Ctrl-C), then pasting it (Ctrl-V) in a DWG file work?

No. Why not try it yourself?

• 3 years later...

Hi,

I read this whole thing trying to find how to create a workable dwg from Inventor. Simply doing a "Save As" or "Export" merely makes a facsimile of an AutoCAD drawing. You can pull it up, and select the edges to dimension, but you can't move it, or change anything. You can't select it and copy it to a drawing. The online help is useless.

My lead designer showed me this and it worked fine, so I hope I get all the steps here.

1. With the sketch, do a regular "save as" to DWG (creates an Inventor-style dwg only)

2. Bring it back up in Inventor

3. Save as - go to menu "Save Copy As" enter

4. Dialog box appears

5. Options

6. Change version to what you need

7. Next

8. Finish

9. Bring up in ACAD and check dims and scales. You should be able to use it now.

I hope that's closer to what you wanted. I don't know why you have to do step 1&2 first, but it worked for us.

Alice