Video Walkthrough?

Lora_D

Does anyone know if there is any way to show an animated view of an AutoCd 3d Drawing?

i am trying to use Snag it, but the resolution is super low.?

Laura

As I said in your other thread, try ANIPATH. Not sure if it is available in ADT06, but it is my preferred method of creating walkthroughs as you have many options to tweak the output as you want. I recommend disabling the preview window while its rendering however as it just slows down the overall process needlessly. Again save first as I've crashed during this a couple of times.

Depends on your settings. You can do it rendered if you have the CPU cycles, or wireframe if you want to reproduce the telemetry readouts from Luke's X-Wing. I usually just run it in wireframe at medium recolution first to make sure I like the flow, then realistic mode to split the difference between beuty and performance. This is definitely an area where 64-bit makes an improvement btw.

What I like best though is the ease of setting your camera and target paths. I usually use splines for the natural curves and give a slight variation in the z values for the vertices to give a more realistic feeling of movement. Just be careful or you'll end up with a Blair Witch sequel. :P