Insert Block when open new drawing

matthewrussell

Hey

Is there a way to have a layer setup and text style etc added to each drawing everytime you open a new one which doesnt have any setup init. Even if you create a new sheet is there a way for it to add your block which you have for the styles?

But if they are already in there the lisp doesnt try and to add them

Sheet = Layout?

Have you tried the "From template" method when you right click on a layout name to add a new layout?

In you template you can have all the blocks you need on the layout.

When you create a new drawing you also use a template with all the layers and blocks and settings you need.

well I have lisp routines that have textstyles in them which have to be added individually as a block everytime i create a new file. So i was hoping to have it automatically do that. But thanks for bring up the template completly forgot to add the block into there.

Thanks heaps :D

Lisp or scripts are useful if you need to change settings automatically, that is if you need to know the layers, blocks and text styles get the way you want even if they allready exist. Other wise, inserting a dwg with your settings will creaty everything that is missing, but it will not redefine anything.

Do you see what I mean?

Start with a template or make a macro to insert a template to add your settings, use lisp to change existing settings.

Matt,

Just open ACAD and make all the setting changes as you would like them, and insert as many blocks as you would like, and then save the drawing as "something.dwt".

Then, depending on what version you are using - I'm on '04, go to:

Tools>Options>Files (tab)>Drawing Template Settings>Default Template File for QNEW

And browse for the dwt file you just saved.

This means that everytime you open ACAD the file you saved will load, along with all your blocks.

But, if, when select a new drawing, you go to "file"> NEW, it will still prompt for a template as "file"> NEW is NOT QNEW --> QNEW is the icon with the blank page on it.