Help Tracing an Image

AAAKings

I am going to make another belt buckle and have decided on a design. I am not too familiar to autocad and am asking if anyone will be able to help or show me how to trace properly.

If anyone is interested in my other belt buckles just ask and I will post some of my creations

lamborghini-gallardo-7.jpg

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AAAKings

• ReMark

• rkent

• Dazacad

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Welcome to CADTutor AAAKings. Yes, please share a couple of your belt buckle designs with us.

As for the image posted above, what part(s) of it do you wish to trace? The lettering? The background design? Both?

If you had a digitizer you could tape the image to the board, set up a simple two point coordinate system, and electronically trace it without a problem.

My last belt buckles were done using both autocad and also edgecam. They were much simpler designs.

Sorry I forgot to specify that I would just like the black outlined as I am either going to pocket or raise it. I plane on putting my last name instead of lamborgini in graphiti styled letters.

If anyone has any spare time to help or if anyone has any other ideas just let me know.

Thanks for the warm welcomes

084 copy.jpg

076.jpg

074.jpg

I trace images from time to time. I insert the image into a drawing, lower the fade and start tracing over the top of it, then do lots of editing after the fact with the image move above the lines and circles for reference.

You know the grand irony? I was just mentioning to a friend of mine two days ago, that I hadn't seen any Lamborghini's around in probably 5 years. And boom! Lo and behold one appears in front of my face while I'm in the forums.

Nice ride!

Those are the only images you have? Hmmm.

I have a digitizer. Normally I would take an image, tape it to the digitizer, calibrate it (establish temporary coordinates for the lower left and upper right hand corners) then trace it over using polylines. After that it is just a matter of tying up and loose ends and saving the drawing.

Unfortunatly so. It does not have to be perfect. I am about half done now and its starting to take shape. I know this is probably the wrong forum, but is anyone here good at creating graffiti letters?

Another question. If anyone has a better design that they think would work better than what i posted, send me a picture.

I volunteer with an anti-graffiti group cleaning up the vandalism left by those paint punks. You won't be getting any assistance from me in that regards.

Im not one that will be spraypainting, i simply like the look of the design and am keeping it strictly on my belt buckle.

I don't know if that was a shot at me or what but don't assume that I am going to run across town spraypainting

I am anti-graffiti regarding anything connected to that sub-culture. So, I do not like seeing that "style" portrayed in any manner that glorifies it. If you're not a tagger then fine.

I volunteer with an anti-graffiti group cleaning up the vandalism left by those paint punks. You won't be getting any assistance from me in that regards.

Hey ReMark,

Here in town we have a City paid graffiti strike force and hot line. One call and that cr@p is painted over. There are two trucks donated by the local Ford dealership and they carry all types of colors of paint. Their goal is to remove or paint over graffiti in 12 hours or less. It has been going for about 4 or 5 years and really makes a difference in how little of the junk you see now.

About 5 years ago the city had a summer youth program letting youths paint murals in some locations. Yep, one of them was painted by the strike force in 24 hours, kinda ironic.

see i agree, graffiti does need to b stopped and a quick and effective way is to get rid of it asap. Most of em want to be reconized for it so if you take it down they will soon give up on it. But i must admit sum of it does look nice. I believe that as long as you have permision from the owner and as long as its not racists or gang related it should be classified as art

• 2 weeks later...

Adobe Illustrator CS3 is what you need for this. Use the Live Trace and this will convert to a vector image in a couple of seconds. Then you can edit whatever parts you want. The name wont trace very well though as the edges aren't very well defined but this could be overcome by typing in a similar font.