Solprof

bagulhodoido

Hi guys, I'm new here, so this thread has a douple purpose, first introduce myself and second, well, I have seen lots of issues regarding this autocad command, and most of the threads were pretty usefull, unfortunetly I'm still having some problems with it...

On my situation the 3d solid is pretty complex and the only way to fully understand it is changing the line colors. The problem, by the time I "SOLPROF" it, all the lines become the same layer and the same color, making it extremely hard to understand. Changing the line colors before solprofing it becomes impossible, it would take years since ever line breaks on intersections and I can't select each solid line anymore. What do you guys suggest me?

Thank you already! x)

Welcome to CADTutor bagulhodoido: Where are you from and what field do you work in?

Solprof only creates two layers as you may already know. How many layers do you need?

Well, mostly on construction, the 3d comes on projects detailing and stuff. Btw, I'm brazillian, so ignore some misspelling I may eventually do.

About layers, like, each solid on my drawing Is on a specific layer, If I could keep the lines from each solid on It's previous layer after the SOLPROF would be great.

Well, another thing, even being an isometric view and having no scale, If I could place a isometric dimension on my 2d perspective it would be so helpfull, I have sucessfully brought the dimension from the 3d isometric view, the problem is that I need to rotate the dimension text one by one each dimension, I was thinking if there's any way to change that on the dimension style itself (by the way, the dimension text gets somehow stretched horizontally when I rotate it, if you guys know how to fix that I woul aprecciate it).

Each solid is on its own layer. After running Solprof you want the blocks created by the command returned to the layer from which they originated. Sounds like a job for a lisp or VBA routine.