EATTEXT and CTAB attribute

indianateresa

I'm trying to use EATTEXT, unsuccessfully. :unsure:

My block attribute contains a CTAB field. EATTEXT only pulls data from one sheet. My DWG files are E400 (sheets E403P, E402P, E401P) and E410 (sheets E412P and E411P).

The TVAN column below should have results: E403P, E402P, E401P, E411P, E412P.

EATTEXT is also only extracting sheetset data from the first document. Notice the draftsman, job number, etc. are blank in the E410 file.

Has anybody else run up against this?

FileName Name draftsman job number projecct manager project number TV TVAN

E400 TVan TJK 70806024 BAD 145108 TV E403P

E401 TVan TV E411P

E401 TVan TV E411P

An alternative to extracting linked db is a direct method for saving to a txt file; which can be imported directly into xcel sheet and rebound any and all changes with ATTOUT-n-ATTIN. the changes are not necessarily name-n-label the attributes in any sort of logical sequence. Unless they are predefined values which can be teh first input before getting the right output value per dwg sheetset. Seek related material below for further R&D.

How do you get attribute data into a text file? I've clicked around (Acad 2008) and can't find anything like that. Thanks in advance.

Teresa

Command line entry only as I'm pretty sure there aren't icons or even a standard pulldown. I can find it under the Express PD, but otherwise 'ATTOUT' will turn out into a extraction.txt file B4U can import it back.

Open a spreadsheet & find DATA > Import External Data pulldown menu. Change file type to read Text Files. Select the extraction.txt as a delimited TAB (default setting) and columns will be read the same type of attributes! They must be identical each and every block for this to function properly.

Now all your work is editable inside spreadsheet & then simply "save as" the same extraction.txt type file. Back in CAD type 'ATTIN' command to import and insert extraction text file. All the new data shall be there.

Give it a whirl. Is your machine running AutoCAD 08 or 00; this may not be available B4 2008....

Thanks DKOU812. The ATTOUT/IN worked out. I think my plan to put the CTAB field in a block is just not going to work.

Thanks again. Much appreciated.

Teresa