Aligning multiple layouts

quixin

I'm working with multiple layouts for floor plans using the the same boarder for each layout. Each layout contains 1 full size viewport of the same size and placement.

My floor plans have the same footprint and I would like to align the plan in the same spot on each layout.

I've tried to create a line on paper space that I can snap to when aligning the model space but this doesn't work. How can I align similar drawings on multiple layouts?

Granted I could eye ball it but I feel I should be able to get it perfect.

Thanks for any help!

If both viewports are the same size and same distance from the border, it shouldn't be too hard. First specify your desired scale for each viewport (either through status bar or properties palette). Then use ZOOM->CENTER. Then specify a center point like the origin or create a non-plot geometry (on the defpoints or viewport layer for example) that you can snap to. Then hit [ENTER] to accept the default magnification value which should be the one you specified for the viewport originally.

Oh yeah...make sure the viewport is unlocked first, and be sure to lock it after so you don't destroy your hard work.

Another failsafe procedure to consider is lock the same layers for teh block and/or xref as this serves two purposes to prevent any kind of movement throughout the floorplan. Plus this task enacts a shade over the floorplan layer(s) and thus brightens all work done in paper space. This would work in both 08/09 editions.