Hatch File Location

M29

Hello!

I'm trying to figure out how to save new hatch patterns, downloaded from the internet, to autoCAD. I can't figure out where to save them, so that they upload with the other hatches already present.

(I've tried looking at other posts but they didn't help me too much...)

Thank you! :)

What i did. I went into my support directory. I made a folder named "pats" then i copied all of the custom hatch patterns into that folder. Then in autocad run the cmd "op" and click on the files tab then go to "working support file search path" then add a file path and find the folder you just made and your hatch patterns will be in autocad under the custom tab. Thats one way to keep all of your custom patterns seperate from the default ones. Another option is to copy the code into your acad.pat file (make a backup first) But i like the first option the best. I usally put my custom hatch patterns and lisps pretty much any type of files i do in this in my support directory and a good thing to do is make a exact copy of your support directory. B/c if somehting happens to your computer or you change computers you can awlays take this support directory wwith you.

Place the PAT file in a path included in your AutoCAD support paths. Check your 'Options' under ToOls Menu & verify Support File Location for Details. This should help.

I think I'm getting more confused.... where do I place these files?

@lpseifert - I don't know what the "support path" is, therefore can't place the .pat file there.

@matt41129 - I don't know what the "support directory" is; I also don't know how to 'run the cmd "op"'

@DKOU812 - Under SUpport file location, what am I checking for? I see:

Tools

-->Options

--> Files

--> Support File Path Search

-C:\Documents and Settings\M29\Application Data\Autodesk\AutoCAD LT 2006\R11\enu\support

-C:\Program Files\AutoCAD LT 2006\support

-C:\Program Files\AutoCAD LT 2006\fonts

-C:\Program Files\AutoCAD LT 2006\help

-C:\Program Files\AutoCAD LT 2006\support\color

--> Support File Path Search

-C:\Documents and Settings\M29\Application Data\Autodesk\AutoCAD LT 2006\R11\enu\support

-C:\Program Files\AutoCAD LT 2006\support

-C:\Program Files\AutoCAD LT 2006\fonts

-C:\Program Files\AutoCAD LT 2006\help

-C:\Program Files\AutoCAD LT 2006\support\color

In conjuction with your support location(s) - ADD a new explorer path directory where additional Hatches can be found.

New Support -"C:\Program Files\AutoCAD LT 2006\HATpatterns" for example.

Stay 1 step in front by creating this same path in your directory first B4 adding new support path as mentioned to AutoCAD; therefore, it will be there when placing your new hatch.pat files.