Drawing Needed

B1977

I'll draw up...for a price. Can't afford to give away my time and efforts doing freebies. Besides we've never met. What do you have for exact dimensions? An overall size is not going to help.

I cant afford to pay !

If anyone can draw me up either unit in the picture I would be grateful.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• B1977

• ReMark

• Tankman

• BIGMIKE09281946

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You can download some free 2D CAD programs and try to draw it up yourself then. It will be a great learning experience. Alibre has a program you can use.

You should try Google Sketchup. The free version is perfect for what you want to do. Just do a few tutorials from their website then you should be ready to design your wardrobe.

B1977: I think BIGMIKE basically offered to do the drawing for you. You should go back and reread his posts then consider whether or not you want to take him up on his offer. You need a drawing, he wants some practice. If he does the drawing for you at least acknowledge it here since you can't afford to pay. It's the least you could do.

thanks ,where do I find that

For starters, try www.cben.net.

Or, take a peek-a-boo at the attached files; one *.pdf and the other a *.dwg AutoCAD drawing.

There must be a ton of various combinations; i.e.: cubby holes, drawers, hanging short 'n long, doors, slide out shelving, etc., etc.

You can download a *.dwg viewer from AutoDesk, a free program, if you don't have AutoCAD.

Have fun with your project. I made the *.dwg over morning coffee, playing with my Erector Set, AutoCAD.

B1977-CadTutor.dwg

B1977-CadTutor.pdf

The search for .dwg files would require AutoCAD to be on your computer, for them to be of any use to you. I don't know for sure what type file pic you can post so that it could be drawn by anyone. I assume it would need to be drawn in Metric. Sketch an outline of the room and its dimensions, where you want the renovation, and its dimensions too. I will futz with it cause I can use the experience. You will need to include your email address on some sort of media surface for me to emaii you a pdf. Also will need to know the printer specs in millimeters etc.

Thanks for your help about doing drawing

I have attached/inserted a cocktail napkin drawing for your perusal/edification. If you can get me something like this with dimensions it would be nice.:P

drawClosetTemp.jpg

Im only putting the shelving up on one side,really it will be a wardrobe with no doors,with different levels of shelving..

the depth is 600mm ,height is 2400mm and length is 2300mm,

thanks for your help

walk-in-wardrobe-131351.jpg
on the above picture,I want the main unit drawn.there is 5 main sections on the unit directly above.If you numbered each section 1,2,3,4,5 from left to right,I would like section 2 and 4 removed from drawing.no drawers,just shelving.

if anyone is able to help,thanks

If you could put the wardrobe unit out on the front yard, so I can get the Google Earth satellite to hover over the cabinets so I can get some real measurements.o:)

B1977, as with any project, you need to give the designer some sort of direction. What would you like him to draw? The photo is good for reference, but he needs to have some idea of what you want. It's not enough to just say "Make it "X"mm tall by X"mm" long by "X"mm deep".

It would be best if you could sketch out a rough design, with dimensions, of what you want this wardrobe to look like. This will save the designer from wasting a lot of his time, as well as your time, with designs that don't meet your expectations.

I drew this a little while ago before you said what sections you wanted. I don't know the standard lumber sizes in metric so I did not dimension the drawing.

BTW... does anyone know if they mill lumber to metric specs in metric countries or do they mill it to imperial units? For instance, in the US, a 2x4 is actually 1.5"x3.5". Would this be converted to 38.1mm X 88.9mm as 1"=~25.4mm or would the lumber be milled to an exact metric standard such as 38mm X 89mm?

moz-screenshot.jpgmoz-screenshot-1.jpg

wardrobe.jpg

Does this mean that CADTutor now offers free design and drafting services? If so, I'd like someone to draw me an eight bedroom, four bathroom house with a three car garage. Could you make that post and beam? And by the way, could you add an Olympic size swimming pool, regulation tennis court and all the landscaping. Can I get this by the end of the week. I'm kind of in a hurry here. Thanks for all the free work. I really appreciate it. I'll have you all over for a barbeque when it's completed. Does anyone know a contractor who will build it for free too?

on the above picture,I want the main unit drawn.there is 5 main sections on the unit directly above.If you numbered each section 1,2,3,4,5 from left to right,I would like section 2 and 4 removed from drawing.no drawers,just shelving.

if anyone is able to help,thanks

No doors? No drawers? Attached a little more help.

You can edit the *.dwg file, have fun.

Working with something at the get go might ease your pain a bit! :unsure:

Many local cabinet makers will sketch up exactly what you require.

B1977-CadTutor-a.pdf

B1977-CadTutor-a.dwg

B1977, as with any project, you need to give the designer some sort of direction. What would you like him to draw? The photo is good for reference, but he needs to have some idea of what you want. It's not enough to just say "Make it "X"mm tall by X"mm" long by "X"mm deep".

It would be best if you could sketch out a rough design, with dimensions, of what you want this wardrobe to look like. This will save the designer from wasting a lot of his time, as well as your time, with designs that don't meet your expectations.

Will sketch it out

Im in no hurry to get this done and I wont be asking for plans for a house to be done.I only joined this forum to ask for help.If people can not help then there is no need to post replies.

Thanks to everyone that gave advice and drawings

Does this mean that CADTutor now offers free design and drafting services? If so, I'd like someone to draw me an eight bedroom, four bathroom house with a three car garage. Could you make that post and beam? And by the way, could you add an Olympic size swimming pool, regulation tennis court and all the landscaping. Can I get this by the end of the week. I'm kind of in a hurry here. Thanks for all the free work. I really appreciate it. I'll have you all over for a barbeque when it's completed. Does anyone know a contractor who will build it for free too?

I'm not a professional drafter yet, I'm a student. I see this as a learning opportunity and practice. That was my first 3D drawing in AutoCAD that wasn't a block with a hole in it. What would the 2 hours that it took to draw this be worth in the pro world?

There is a vast difference between asking "How do I go about making a CAD drawing of a wall unit?" and "Can somebody draw this for me? I can't pay you." I guess I'm the only person who cares about the difference.

Would you go to a garage and ask "Can someone do a brake job for me? I can't pay you." and expect the same results? No. They why would you do it here?

What was that saying about teaching a man to fish?

You took a golden opportunity to learn something new and frittered it away. Personally, I think you just took advantage of people.

qqddoogg: Nice drawing. To make it really worthwhile it would have to be dimensioned otherwise it's just a pretty picture. You might also have to include some details (how is it joined/assembled?) and a bill of materials. Add some notes for the finish to be applied and you have yourself a winner.