Modify Project Browser? Family Categories ?

mcklem

is there a way to modify the Project Browser to change Plumbing from a Sub-Discipline to a Main Discipline ??? Also does anyone know how to create new family categories? for example...instead of having the water heater default to a Mechanical Equipment category can we make a Plumbing Equipment Category.....???

• 2 months later...

I use Revit Architecture so i am not sure if this is corect for MEP.

Plumbing should be it's own main category, in the families list.

Unfortunately the categories are hard coded and i don't think they can be adde to or removed.

If you use your template families to create your new equipment, ie use a plumbing template to create a water heater family, when loaded into the project it should slot into the plumbing category in the family list.

If you open the family in family editor you can go to "settings" and "family categories and parameters"... I use Architecture too so i am not sure about MEP.