Copy works, but not Paste

Sliick

Excuse me if this question/thread should be placed elsewhere...

I'm currently using AutoCAD 2000. (old, yes i know) There are a lot of times where I need to bring in bits of a drawing into another. Usually not a problem. However, every now and then I get a drawing that will let me copy (COPYCLIP) but when I go to the drawing I want to dump it in.... nothing.

You can clearly see the COPYCLIP command work in the drawing you're cropping from. When you go to paste, nothing happens at all. Even bringing up the shortcut menu (right click) some of the paste options are grayed out, as if there's nothing on the clipboard.

Most of the time this happens, the drawing we pull from is from a newer version of ACAD. Is this the only reason it would be happening? How do I fix it? I'm tired of taking 15 minutes to try and figure out how to get what I need from the drawings.

Any help would be majorly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Users of AC 2000 who get a drawing from another source created with AC 2007 but "saved as" a 2000 drawing tend to have this problem a lot. Check the AutoDesk website for a "hot fix".

That hotfix would work great if I were the one making the drawings in ACAD 2007. The patch has to be applied to the 2007 version. Unfortunately, the company I work for is stuck in the stone age. We have 2000, these drawings come from other companies that have 2007.

Much appreciated though. Now I know what the problem is, I can attempt to fix it myself.

Follow the advice given.

"If you have a large number of drawings that need to be resaved, DWG TrueConvert is a free utility that will make the job easier. Make sure you apply the hotfix to DWG TrueConvert before resaving the drawings."