Sheet doesn't appear the same as View does

Jonny_B

I'm the guinea pig for Architecture 2009 in our office. Trying to get us out of the stone ages. So far drawing using objects has been going pretty well and I've overcome most problems without too much difficulty. This one, however, has me stumped.

Since we're going vertical I figured it'd be best to go all out and use the full project manager with views and sheets. I have a problem where something that appears fine in the construct, and looks like i want it to in the view drawing, doesn't appear the same when inserted into a sheet. As shown below, the stairs going down disappear and the sill outside the sliding doors is also gone.

Can anyone explain why this might be?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jonny_B

• MaxwellEdison

• fuya_inc

Top Posters In This Topic

This is Post # 11 because I'm confused with your posting strategy...

In reference to your actual question, is it possibly something to do with your Cut Plane height, or object visibility in your Display Configuration?

the only way i can see it being a cut plane issue is if there is a lower limit cut plane. where do you modify cut plane height?

both sets of stairs should have identical settings in the display configuration, so i can't see why one would show up, but not the other. also, in the sheet layout as well as the view drawing i all object are linked as one xref so i can't modify object properties individually. if it appears in the view drawing, why would it look any different in the sheet drawing if it's referencing the same objects?

to explain the posting strategy... i tried to post the image links in my initial post, but the forum won't let members with less than 9 posts post links (to avoid spam bots that register just to post a spam link to another site)

Ah, I see. About the posts that is.

You can find the cut plane one the bar below your Layout Tabs, directly below your drawing space. If it is not visible, click the dropdown arrow on the right side. If you have a second set that are visible I'd select them both to make sure all properties information is similar. Perhaps one snapped to a bad insertion point and is actually perched in your attic.

got the stairs to appear!

finally found the cut plane... had to switch into model space.

cut plane in the sheet drawing was set to 3'6", with "display below range" set to zero. As soon as I set the "display below range" to something like -2' the lower flight of stairs appeared.

still no luck getting the sill of the doors to appear.

this is so frustrating. i hate having to manipulate object display is three different drawings hoping that something i do will fix it.

can someone give me a breakdown of how object display inherits across drawings? with construct, view and sheet i have the original, then the original xref'd into a view, then that view xref'd into the sheet.

if i change object display in the construct is it inherited through, or do i need to recreate the view drawing to have it update?

Have you gone into the style manager and had a look at the missing component's object display settings itself?

the component is there, but only the sill isn't showing. i can't manipulate the object display directly because the object is embedded in an xref.

i have to take lunch. i'll be back.