No 'Attach Image' Option in Xref

SeaRR85

I'm trying to insert an image into my drawing and I've done it before using the external references, then selecting "Attach Image" from the drop down menu. For some reason this option doesn't appear anymore (See attached Screen Shot). Is there a variable that I need to set to get this option back? Please let me know! Thanks!

No Attach Image.jpg

have you just right clicked on the white screen area of the image u have posted?? try clicking on the pull down arrow by first button on the top left of the image with the white paper with a paper clip and see what options u have there...

imageattach is a prompt line command which will bring up an dialog box for inserting numerous type of image(s) like: jpg, tiff, png,& etc.

Checl it out & see if this solves LT Edition.

Thanks for all the replies. 'imageattach' doesn't work in the LT versions. The drop down menu doesn't have 'Attach Image' either.

Check it out. Here are some External References I've used before this problem with the same exact AutoCAD LT 2007 I'm using right now. There was a time where I could have xrefs and here is the picture to prove it. I don't get it! I want it back...

No Attach Image 2.jpg

Check it out. Here are some External References I've used before this problem with the same exact AutoCAD LT 2007 I'm using right now.

Sure, you can open a drawing with image references, but LT2007 cannot create them.

I'm not flippin' out. Here is a screen shot of my friends AutoCAD LT 2007 with image xref capabilities. Notice the 'imageattach' command and the 'select image file' window.

ACAD SS.jpg

OK - then I guess it was in LT 2007... My bad...

Why would they remove it and then announce that it's a new feature in 2009 I wonder...??? http://ltunlimited.typepad.com/my_weblog/2008/05/attach-images-w.html

And better yet, why has yours stopped working?

Maybe it's in 2007LT, but disabled by default, and there is some trigger to enable it that you guys have found...?

My thoughts and questions exactly. Thanks for the responses. I sent AutoCAD a direct inquiry about this problem. I will post the solution if there is one.

OK. After a couple emails with AutoCAD Tech Support, they have definitely concluded that AutoCAD LT 2007 does not have the 'Attach Image' option in Xref (not until AutoCAD LT 2009). So I did some thinking and tried to find out the differences between the AutoCAD LT 2007 that had it and mine. Turns out that the former has an addin installed called AutoTable. This program works with Excel but I didn't think it had anything to do with Images. So the difference between mine and the other one was this addin. So I installed it and got my 'Attach Image' back. I was confused for a couple of days. Thanks for all the replies.

ACAD SS Fix.jpg