AutoCAD --> jpeg?

Swihfr01

Hello,

I use AutoCAD 2005 to create assembly drawings. Then I use Print Screen and a screen capturing program ("Gadwin Print Screen" Google for free download) to create a jpeg. Finally I paste the pic into word (2000) to create instructions.

Is there an easier/better way to convert drawings to pictures?

Yes, specifically the JPGOUT command, not sure if it is available in 05 however.

Jpgout works in 05 thanks.

Does anybody know how to change the background to white? I've seen it done b4 but it's been forever-ago.

Thanks guys you've been awesome.

One more question: is there a way to toggle between white and black backgrounds? I prefer to work with a black background but I'll need to change it to white to "take the picture".

I could use the Layout tab; but line styles (dashed lines) don't show up.

One more question: is there a way to toggle between white and black backgrounds? I prefer to work with a black background but I'll need to change it to white to "take the picture".

I'm suspecting that there's probably a lisp that could be written to do that, but I'm definitely not fluent enough in ACAD for that at all. Perhaps if we're lucky, we might get a lisp writing god to add his thought here. :wink:

Linetypes will still work, just change your linetype scale. Remember that paperspace is a WYSIWYG environment.

Edit: WYSIWYG - What You See Is What You Get

For toggling background, see routine in this thread:

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?t=863

Does anybody know of a walk-through for adding a "VL Routine" like the one in this thread to CAD? I've had some experience with Visual Basic so I have rudimentary knowledge of programming, but I've never tried to do something like this.

I have 2 profiles set up, one with black screen, one with white and just select the most appropriate profile.

If you are going to export a image. My advice.. Print a High Res (300dpi) PDF and drag that into photoshop. They save it down to a jpg. You will get a much better Hi-Res Jpg. Some Food for thought... I have recently done alot of assembly drawings for custom units and i found that a quick 3D in sketchup showing the parts is a slick way of doing that. I got a jpg from that and imported into cad and did my detailing from there. The drawings turned out pretty good.