Best CMS

LCE

Hey guys and gals,

ok, non cad question here. For those of you that run and maintain your own website and use a CMS, which do you use and why?

I have been running XOOPS but I am not entirely sure I want to continue down that path.

XOOPS is great, MANY free modules, CMS is free, MANY free themes and it is pretty easy to use, but it just seems to be lacking something to me.

I installed Joomla on my home server last night and had a play with it, and from the first second I was very impressed, until I starting trying to confiugre it, and maybe I am just blind, but it doesn't seem particularly logical.

Basically, I am after a high quality, preferably free CMS, with a large knowledge-base/support forum, with good quality modules....so, any ideas guys?

Thanks.

joomla is good, but takes some reading/research as at first it does seem a little backwards.

there is also phpnuke, e107 and memht to name the 'better ones'.

also depending on the site you could look at blogs like wordpress.

• 3 weeks later...