"Error allocating mesh. Reduce the face count to render this scene"

Lora_D

When I try to render im getting this error:

"Error allocating mesh. Reduce the face count to render this scene.

I did some research online to see what people did.. all i got was "modifier" optimize.. but what am I supposed to do once I do that?

I suspect my problem is that I imported an autocad drawing, made from a combination of 3d shapes, extruded polylines, and 3d blocks. I have like 300,000 faces?! Its a pretty big space thou.

I really need some help. Just trying to do a walk through.

I am also guessing that my camera skipping frames problem might iron out once its rendered. If it ever gets rendered!? No?

Try posting this question in some 3DMax forums. Auto switched its render engine to 3DMax and I think I remember seeing similar problems from that software. Too long ago for me to be any more detailed, sorry :cry:

Kay.

I know this will not be helpful. But i tried so many things, and by the grace of God, my program is behaving. So, cross fingers, just have to finalize some positions of lights, and then I will get it.

I know this is not a very productive resolution to my problem, but http://www.tutorialized.com really helped me.. not sure exactly which tutorial since i read through so many, trying everything.

But it took a clear head, and alot of patience.

yay!

It sounds like you're just suffering from a bloated file. When you Import an Autocad model into Max, each quad poly face is split in half, so a 150,000 poly model in Autocad will become a 300,000 poly model in Max. You just need to optimize your model and change all your triangle poly's back into quad's. This is a very time consuming process and I haven't found a quick or easy way to do it. That's why I always create my models in Max unless I absolutely have to do it in Cad.

Thanks. I am actually now kind of teaching myself Max, so I'm hoping that I can create things in max from the beginning but I think i need to get a tutorial book or something.. :S

For now, I was given a task, and in looking for any way to complete it, came across Max.

You know any free online tutorials? or Books that can give you the rundown from the beginning to the end?