Changing colors in Palette Groups or Design Center

kingdaddy

Is this possible?

All my blocks are made in a black background so many of the colors are not visable in the preview pain of either the Design Center or Palette Groups.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingdaddy

• tzframpton

• pattyandme

• 4 months later...
Not an option.

do screen captures of the block in Model Space and make a little thumbnail image of it, then save it to a location that is easily accessible. Go to each block on the Tool Palette, right click > Specify Image and choose the newly created thumbnail. :)

do screen captures of the block in Model Space and make a little thumbnail image of it, then save it to a location that is easily accessible. Go to each block on the Tool Palette, right click > Specify Image and choose the newly created thumbnail.

That seems like a lot of work, I have about 600 blocks that would need to be done.

Seems the Autodesk guys forgot that some of us use a different color background then White and therefore draw in line colors that best match the background. In my case I use a Black background so much of my lines are yellow or Cyan which will not show up on a White background. Not very forward thinking by the software engineers to have every background color changeable except the Design Center or Tool Pallets. Ive mentioned this to them many times before, they just dont seem to get it.

That seems like a lot of work, I have about 600 blocks that would need to be done.

Seems the Autodesk guys forgot that some of us use a different color background then White and therefore draw in line colors that best match the background. In my case I use a Black background so much of my lines are yellow or Cyan which will not show up on a White background. Not very forward thinking by the software engineers to have every background color changeable except the Design Center or Tool Pallets. Ive mentioned this to them many times before, they just dont seem to get it.

I use a black background and I don't have a problem. But then again I have made changes for this exact reason. Or, you can set everything in the block to ByBlock instead of ByLayer. This will produce a black version of the block when you place it in the Tool Palettes, and it will show up perfectly. But whatever layer you specify it will be that color once you place the block in your drawing. :)

I must be missing something, do you mean the "Color Control" drop down dialog box to be set to "By Block", because I tried that and it did nothing to the background of the blocks in the Tool Pallette.

ToolPallette.jpg

I must be missing something, do you mean the "Color Control" drop down dialog box to be set to "By Block", because I tried that and it did nothing to the background of the blocks in the Tool Pallette.

Right-click the block in the Tool Palette. Click "Block Editor" to bring up the block. Make the changes, save, close the block editor, save/close the drawing. Now right click the block again, and click "Update Tool Image".

:)

Its just not working for me. I cant get to the Block Editor no matter what I try. When I Right Click this is all I get (see attachemnt).

Block Edit.jpg

ah, you're using LT, that's why. Just go to the file where you have the block itself saved. Then make the changes, save/close. THEN go back to the Tool Palette and click "Update Tool Image". :)

If you mean to open the block like a drawing and change the drop down from "By Layer" to "By Block" then that didnt work either after refreshing the image.

If you mean to open the block like a drawing and change the drop down from "By Layer" to "By Block" then that didnt work either after refreshing the image.

Are you opening the block that is in the drawing??? Here's the deal....

The block in the Tool Palette (not the drawing) is obviously located somewhere on either your computer or on a network. This is how the Tool Palette knows where to go to retrieve this block when you click the icon. Now, what ever path the Tool Palette looks to get the block - THAT is where you want to be.

If you don't know where that is... right click the block on the Tool Palette and click Properties. It will have the path in there.

okay, now that I have went through Tool Palette Block Location 101, NOW lets see if you can get this working for you. :)

I know where it is, I have made a Folder called "Blocks" in "My Documents" and this is where all my blocks are. If I go there and open the Block like I would a drawing and drop down the "Color Control" dialog and select "By Block" it still doesn’t show the Black Background that I need to see the block properly.

I know where it is, I have made a Folder called "Blocks" in "My Documents" and this is where all my blocks are. If I go there and open the Block like I would a drawing and drop down the "Color Control" dialog and select "By Block" it still doesn’t show the Black Background that I need to see the block properly.

type BEDIT and edit the block objects, not the block itself.

If I go to “Tools” “Block Editor” and select a block from the list then its shows the black background, but not in the Palette its self.

If I go to “Tools” “Block Editor” and select a block from the list then its shows the black background, but not in the Palette its self.

.......... Huh??