Weld-Neck Flange Phlem

BIGMIKE09281946

I don't see any extra block fragments floating around, but if you have any start with Ctrl+A(Select All) and deselect the things that should be there. Then delete the selection, after that PURGE everything. Turn on purge nested items and turn off confirm each item to be purged.

As far as the block. I'm sure it does everything the book asks of it. But try replacing the separate linear parameters on the flange with a linear stretch pair and change its base to be from the midpoint. This way you can control the size of the flange with one parameter.

Also look into changing the parameter description on under the Display Properties heading of the properties for the parameter. This is handy for others using your block as it will generate a tooltip when they hover over the grip point or the field in the dynamic block's properties.

Overall I gie it a B, solid construction and an organized block editor layout. Add some polish to get that A.

Thank You!! Happy Holidays! How come I can't explode the block in the flange drawing?

The book and the exam, say that I can! I also don't have a good feeling about my copy of AutoCAD, too many things don't work; like the F8 key.

You didn't have the allow exploding checkbox set when you created the block. You can remake the block and turn that on, or delete the block, open the block dialog box (block at command line) select your block from the dropdown and click allow exploding. Then just re-insert it.

The school was sent this message from me:

Message: Can a weld-neck flange, such as the one being shown in the text of HACAD 2006, page 571, with 8 attributes be configured as a dynamic block with four different sizes of weld-necks?

Their reply:

Dear Michael,

From Me: If the block is dynamic and defined to have an adjustable size, you can change the size in the Properties palette.

AutoCAD Instructional Staff

Is it any wonder? Is it possible to have attributes in a dynamic block? I am going to spend some time trying to figure this one out. :huh: