How can I print my drawing in Gouraud Shaded straight from AutoCAD?

marlon

I'm using autocad 2002. Right now I've set my drawing to Gouraud Shaded and I want to print it that way straight from AutoCAD, but autoCAD seems to automatically print it in 2D (or 3D) wireframe.

Same thing when I render the drawing with a material, e.g. WOOD - DARK ASH, the printout would still be a wireframe.

I want to emphasize that I want to print it with Gouraud Shaded or with a certain 'material' like wood dark ash STRAIGHT from autocad, which means I don't want to render it to file and saving it in tiff or some other format before printing.

Thanks guys!

In AutoCAD2004 there's a 'Shade Plot' option in the plot dialog box but it may not be there in 2002. (It doesn't work very well anyway).

You could try the print screen button on the keyboard and then paste the image back into AutoCAD.

I've just gone through the same thing, if your version doesn't have the "Shade Plot" option, then print screen works great. I like the idea of dropping the paste right back into your Model view. You can then utilize any templates in Layout view. If you haven't already, have a look at my lengthy thread titled "printing 3D solids?"

Good Luck!