Lat & Long

User

I'm almost certain that I've done this before in AutoCAD, and I can't seem to find the command anymore.

How do I label Lat & Long?

I'm stuck drawing some mindless asbuilt surveys, and I am required to label the Lat & Long for two points per building. I just need to be pointed in the right direction. (No pun intended)

Thanks in advance!

:?

Disclaimer: I don't use Civil 3D 2008. Use the following with a healthy dose of skepticism.

Quoted from an article in cadalyst magazine, dated Jul-01-2007, written by Mike Choquette re: using Google Earth and Civil 3D 2008 together.

"Inside Civil 3D 2008 choose Map/Tools/Track Coordinate Systems. Set the Track Coordinates utility to display latitude and longitude by pushing its Select Coordinate System button and choose the LL84 zone (the World Geodetic System 1984 datum, west negative)."

Tell us if it works...or not.

Reading this thread makes me think you'll want to create a point label style that displays the lat/long and set points at those locations.

And I would recommend checking the asbuilt information prior to doing this to verify your lat/long labels are correct. There have been files in the past that I received where the .dwg was improperly set up in regards to coordinates, rotation, units, etc.

I may re-visit this later, but for now I'll just use Corpscon and convert them manual. I should have more time next week to play around with the settings and get it to work for me.

Thanks!

Watch my

on adding northing and easting to your point label style. You would do this the same way, but instead of selecting northing and easting in the label composer you would select latitude and longitude. Very very easy. Very.

• 1 year later...

Hi Dear friends

I am a VC programmer and I need to draw a dxf map file in a DC in my program.

furthermore I must get all latitudes and longtitudes from map and draw the map in center of special lat and long.

but As I see the lat and long are saved in dxf file in text entity.so I don't have any special format to recognize which text is lat & long of 4 corner of map.

so please help me,is there any way that when I read the entities of map,I can find real lat o long of 4 corners?or does it have any special format?

you do me a great favor if you help me.

Hi Dear friends

I am a VC programmer and I need to draw a dxf map file in a DC in my program.

furthermore I must get all latitudes and longtitudes from map and draw the map in center of special lat and long.

but As I see the lat and long are saved in dxf file in text entity.so I don't have any special format to recognize which text is lat & long of 4 corner of map.

so please help me,is there any way that when I read the entities of map,I can find real lat o long of 4 corners?or does it have any special format?

you do me a great favor if you help me