Default saving format and the Viewcube

jlab13

When I go to save a new drawing, it defaults to save as a "autocad 2007" doc. Is this correct?

Thanks again!

Also, I just noticed that, even thought it's turned on, I can't see the Viewcube. Is there a graphic card or windows setting that could obstruct this?

Thanks!

So you're using 2009 correct? The default format for saving is 2007, but you can also save in 2004 format, 2000 format or R14 format. Autodesk changes their dwg format about every 3 years, so next year there will probably be a 2010 format.

I don't use 2009 so maybe someone else can help you with your other question.

And when you ask a question, please try to name your thread appropriately. I have renamed this thread to something a little more descriptive.

I just noticed the same issue with the viewcube. I have a 2D drawing where I started to extrude some 3D shapes - now when I enable the viewcube it does not show.