Invoking the HATCH command

BIGMIKE09281946

Is there a special reason why I must only Invoke the HATCH command from the Draw toolbar? Is it that picking HATCH from the toolbar and the command prompt are less evoking?:huh:

It is question #11 in my Penn Foster EDU exam My choice of answers are:

To invoke the HATCH command, you must

A. pick HATCH from the draw menu.

B. pick HATCH from the toolbar.

C. enter HATCH at the command prompt.

D. pick the HATCH option in the dialog box.

DUH!!! 8)

Apparently Penn Foster believes there is only one way to invoke the hatch command. When hatching was covered what was the first way you were taught to access the command? I'd use that as the basis for my answer. A...B...or C all work for me. D is out.

Is there any other way? No wonder I am insane.

This is from their textbook: Invoke the HATCH command from the Draw toolbar by selecting HATCH ...

Talk about oxymorons.

the more I hear about your text book, the less I like it. It sounds very rigid and written before the author had fully discovered the version it is meant to cover.

As far as I know, the current hatch command is BHATCH. I haven't used HATCH this millennium. Here is the one problem of using the command line. When Autodesk change the basic command it's not until you change your pgp that you invoke the revised command. Autodesk usually change the pointers in their menus & toolbars so you get the new commands imediately.

Actually, re-reading the question, ONLY C will get you the HATCH command, all the others will invoke the BHATCH command - but I need somebody with acad next to them to verify this.

Options A & B bring up the BHATCH (Boundary Hatch) command.

Option C brings up a command line HATCH, with no dialogue box, and you have to know and type in the name of the hatch pattern (you would really not want to do that nowadays). :cry:

Option D - what dialogue box is being referred to ? :o