Help Needed - 3D Rendering problems 2008

greg23783

Hi guys,

I have no idea how to sort the problem I'm getting with rendering 3D in AutoCAD 2008... Can anyone help?

Attached is a screenshot of the issue. They say a photo paints a thousand words so I don't need to describe the problem to you.

Graphics card (GeForce 6200 LE, standard with the computer) has the latest driver installed using the 'tune-up wizard', and the problems appeared to be fixed for a few moments....

.DWG can be emailed if required.

I would appreciate any pointers!

Thanks

Greg

PROBLEM 2.jpg

PROBLEM 1.jpg

PROBLEM 3.jpg

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• greg23783

• ReMark

• Cad64

• rgarjr

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Isn't the pin in the wrong position compared to the other one?

Its a mirror of the other pin / joint assemble. When you view the pin from a different angle, you can see its in the correct position. The graphics aren't accurate / set up to represent things like this properly.

it looks to me like its not in the correct location as well. You better make sure the real dyno isnt like that ;)

I hope the real rig doesn't turn out like that too!

OK...Well you would know best. I'm stumped.

Its not a 'object placement' issue as such. Its to do with the setup of the graphics in wither AutoCAD itself, or the graphics card.

I can't get the scren captures for the project portfolio!

:huh:

What are the specs on the graphics card re: onboard video RAM. Are there drivers specific to AutoCAD?

Here are the specs I've pulled from the NVIDIA setup utility... Is this what you're talking about?

problem graphics card specs.JPG

What are the specs on the graphics card re: onboard video RAM. Are there drivers specific to AutoCAD?

Another screen shot of the problem I''m experiencing...

HELP!

PROBLEM 3.jpg

Looks like your video card just can't handle the demands being put on it. The only thing you can do is shut off various layers as you work. There is one other thing you can do and that is to shut down all unnecessary programs being run in the background. That would include Explorer, your anti-virus program, and some of the processes that show up in Windows Task Manager. Before you attempt the latter it would be best to research what processes can be safely shutdown that won't negatively affect running Windows.

Do you have the latest drivers for that graphics card? U probably need to play with the 3dconfig settings on acad.

The OP said in his first post that he has the latest drivers. He also mentioned something about using the tuneup wizard(?).

The OP said in his first post that he has the latest drivers. He also mentioned something about using the tuneup wizard(?).

Haha, yeah maybe i should have read the whole post. :shock:

That's OK...I've done the same thing myself.

I think the graphics card is fine for gaming (its intended market was gamers) but is underpowered for CAD work. I believe that with 128MB vidRAM it is all but maxed out trying to handle the shading involved in the OP's drawings. Even if he were to go down to 3D Hidden there would be problems displaying objects correctly.

Looks like your video card just can't handle the demands being put on it. The only thing you can do is shut off various layers as you work. There is one other thing you can do and that is to shut down all unnecessary programs being run in the background. That would include Explorer, your anti-virus program, and some of the processes that show up in Windows Task Manager. Before you attempt the latter it would be best to research what processes can be safely shutdown that won't negatively affect running Windows.

Well,

I've been to PC world who advised the same and I've tried an NVIDIA GeForce8400GS with 512Mb RAM and 4500 Hz processor, and the same happens, though some items / objects have come good, others are still playing up.

The screenshot here should have a pin going through both holes. Orientate to a lower view position (when the pin has no other object in its background other than the 'paper') the pin re appears.

Still no luck... IS THERE ANYONE ELSE WHO COULD SHINE LIGHT ON THE SUBJECT?

Have read the post regarding the 2007 and beyond having dodgy 3D rendering...

COULD IT BE JUST A MAGICAL COMBINATION OF SOFTWARE SETTINGS...?

Note:Interestingly, when I export into GOOGLE SKETCH UP, the rendering is fine...??/

Greg

PROBLEM 4.jpg

Oops, must've missed where he mentioned his graphics card was only 128MB. Even for gaming, that's a pretty low budget card. Especially if you're talking about Next Gen gaming.

Autodesk lists 128MB as a minimum requirement for Autocad, but I think they need to change that to 256MB minimum. Especially if you're doing 3D work. 128MB just doesn't get you much anymore. When I upgrade my computer, in the next few months, I will be going with a 512MB card.

Oops, must've missed where he mentioned his graphics card was only 128MB. Even for gaming, that's a pretty low budget card. Especially if you're talking about Next Gen gaming.

Autodesk lists 128MB as a minimum requirement for Autocad, but I think they need to change that to 256MB minimum. Especially if you're doing 3D work. 128MB just doesn't get you much anymore. When I upgrade my computer, in the next few months, I will be going with a 512MB card.

Dont worry.

The drawing I have is only going to get more complex so I'd have found out sooner or later.

This new graphics card doesn't do the job either. Though its not a listed recommendation from AutoDesk, its still a half gig memory.

But it is for gaming - maybe thats where I've been mis advised in the PC store... I was given two comflicting pieces of advise. Glad I have reciept!