Lighting Symbols in Floor Plan

profcad

Does anyone know how to get the lighting symbols to show on a floor plan instead of the Reflective Ceiling Plan?

This is for a residential drawing and I want the electrical symbols and the lighting symbols to display on the Electrical Plan.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Set the layer visibility for the lighting in the viewports?

Sorry - I didnt see this was posted in the Revit forum, I did however check your "Using AutoCAD 2009" tho. More Caffine needed.

Go into the family editor for the light fixture and select the objects you want to be shown in floor plan. Click visibility and check off where you want it to be shown. If not... It might be symbolic lines and you can change where those are shown too...

Check out the video titled "Window Families Plan Appearence" on my blog for a better idea of what I mean (http://www.therevitkid.com)

• 1 month later...

I really haven't found a workable solution to displaying the lights on the electrical plan. I don't see any symbolic lines in the 3D lights in Revit. I must be missing something.

• 3 weeks later...

One option is to open your light family and draw an invisible line from the light down. When re-loaded into the model, the cut plane will cut the invisible line (as long as it is long enough) and think it is cutting the light.

It will be visible in your plan.

That is what I did.

Now I see the actual fan/light on the floor plan, not the symbol. This will work for now. I need to read up on symbolic objects in lighting fixtures. I assume the ones that I used from Revit don't have any symbolic lines. If they do, I can't find them.

Thanks for the reply.

• 10 months later...