Grid Settings

Andorphin

Hey All,

I was looking to pick up AutoCad again after a lengthy spell out, but I cannot remember how to change these settings.

I have set my grid and snap settings to 500mm along both the x and y planes, but when I put the grid on it only displays a 5 x 3 grid and the scale of my drawings are massively out.

I am trying to set it up to design floor plans, and with it set to have each grid point 500mm apart...an 8000mm ( or 8m ) line just looks rediculously large.

Can someone please explain how to set up the workspace so I can have it drawn properly?

Hope that made sense to you guys...many thanks

Grids are kind of old school. With the new object snap and polar snap tools you really don't need grids anymore.

To set these look in the OSnap settings, (shift right-click) select osnap settings and then select the snap and grid tab and adjust as needed.

Good luck :)

I still like using a grid :)

The settings changed on 2008 and I assume they are the same on 2009. Right click the "GRID" box at the bottom of the screen. The one I HATE is "adaptive grid". Thisscales up your displayed grid to something totally unusable. Turn this off and all should be as you remember it.

Thanks for the quick responses, the Adaptive grid was messing with me, so thats now off.

to be honest I haven't used cad since 2000i and that was 7 years ago for me...

Again thanks very much, I'm sure I will be on here often :)