AutoCAD Online at The CAD Institute - Murray State University

ReMark

F.Y.I. for those interested in online AutoCAD related instruction. Courses are self-paced.

The CAD Institute will be starting classes Wednesday, January 14th. The courses cost $333 (U.S.) and students who register and enroll can purchase student versions of AutoCAD 2009 for as little as $160. For more information start with this link:

http://www.cadinstitute.com/

• 1 month later...

Just out of curiosity, what classes have you taken or what would you recommend for someone who isn't necessarily a beginner, but who would like to gain more experience?

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

An update.

The fall semester at the CAD Institute will begin October 21st. This year any student who registers and enrolls in one of the online courses is eligible to download a free version of AutoCAD 2010 good for a period of 13 months. Courses range in price from $111, for the AutoCAD for Architecture class, to $333 (U.S.) with accompanying text averaging $35. Check it out at the link I provided in my first post.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

CAD Institute is has horrible customer service. I filled out the registration form well in advance, but they have not registered me for the course.

I am pretty sure that they did not like my foreign phone number and foreign billing address, even though it appears that they attempt to work globally.

And this is not like I am really a foreigner, I am a U.S. expat, anything wrong with that?

Anyway, I called them to find out what is going on. The conversation went about like this:

Them (in a voice that eloquently speaks they don't care about customer service): CAD Institute

Me: Hi, I would like to check the status of my registration, please.

Them: What?

Me: I have filled out the enrollment form online to take one of your CAD courses. I have not received a registration confirmation. I would like to find out what is going on.

Them: You need to fill out the enrollment form online. The course costs 333 dollars...

Me: I have already filled out the enrollment form online. The reason I am calling is because I have not received a registration confirmation...

Them: We sent those emails to everyone. If you filled out the form, you received the email.

Me: Well, I have not received the email. So I would like to find out what is going on.

Them: You have to send an email to cadregister@cadinstitute.com...

So I sent them an email with Delivery Receipt and Read Receipt, and got a Read Receipt the same day. But they never answered.

I thought about calling again and insisting that my registration is processed, but there are other courses out there with similar pricing, and if CAD Institute does not care about me as a customer, they don't get my money.

The other course that I signed up for actually gives instant access to the course content.

F.Y.I. for those interested in online AutoCAD related instruction. Courses are self-paced.

The CAD Institute will be starting classes Wednesday, January 14th. The courses cost $333 (U.S.) and students who register and enroll can purchase student versions of AutoCAD 2009 for as little as $160. For more information start with this link:

http://www.cadinstitute.com/