Dynamic door block

jfg

Good evening...

I`m trying to create a dynamic block customized to our needs here. I have most of it figured out except for scaling the arc. When I flip the door panel on the X axis, the arc is no longer lined up with the "hinge" of the door but I can`t seem to figure out why.

I know there are other dynamic doors out there but none had all the features my boss was asking for and i think this is a good excercise to become better with dynamic blocks for me as well.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

DDOORJ.dwg

The problem is the offset for the basepoint on the scale action is wrong. You have it at 75 which puts it in the middle of the door frame, but not the center of the arc. Change it to 150 and it will move to the hinge, its proper location.

You could also set the offset back to 0 and just move the parameter grips to the hinge inside of the frame instead of the outside where it currently is.

You're very welcome. I like solving these little annoying problems as they help keep me on my toes and help to develop good drawing practices.

Plus it makes me feel smart :thumbsup::shock: :thumbsup: