AutoCad Mechanical 2009 - New Layer issue

Proctor

Hello: I recently purchased AutoCad Mechanical 2009 and when I go to create a new layer in the mechanical layer manager, under LineType column, I now get a drop-down (as opposed to a browse to the acad.lin file which I'm use to from other versions.

I created some custom line types and placed them in the acad.lin file under:

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Autodesk\AutoCAD Mechanical 2009\R17.2\enu\Support

however, when I look in the drop-down, I do not see any of my linetypes and I don't know how to make it appear in this drop-down.

(see attachment for pic).

Has anyone had experience w/ this version and creating layers with custom line types?

Your help is truly appreciated.

Proctor

layer.jpg

have you made sure you loaded the custom linetypes. There are tons of linetypes in acad.lin that you dont see unless you load them.

Hi chelsea1307 : thanks for your reply. No, I had not loaded them...but I just did, so now I see them. thanks!

in 08, you load them from the layout manager, but in 09 mechanical, they need to be loaded from the linetype manager.

the issue I'm having now is that it seems that i need to reload these each time i open a drawing. do you know if there's a way to retain my settings so they are always there?

thanks again for your help.

Proctor

i think if you load them then save your profile they will stay, im not sure though I dont have any custom linetypes. but someone else is sure to know on here.

ever have the problem with lintypes back words i belive it's because

of

y to x plain

insted of

x to y plain

just in case you incounter this problem just swich cord in properties box

Autodesk say to wirte a lisp but i dont know how? :(