buildings surrounding areas

ok..ive designed my building, now i want to design the surrounding areas, ie, lights, grass, patio, fencing etc. my question is, how do i implement it into my design, not i design it around my existing 3d building, ir do i do it on a different file, then paste my house onto it after its done?

thanks

Doing it in a separate file has one obvious advantage: smaller file size for both drawings. It will also make working with it each drawing easier. I would recommend using just an outline of the footprint of the house in the second drawing.

outline, meaning that i just draw the layout of the building only?? what do i do after, copy and paste the house into the outside area file?

Yes, just draw the outline of the building. I'd use a polyline for this. It is just an aid to orientation for the other elements that will be added to the drawing (trees, walks, lights, etc.). It's up to you as to which objects will be inserted into which drawing. I would insert the objects from the drawing with the smaller file size into the drawing with the larger file size. My guess is the 3D house may have the larger file size. I could be wrong.

I'm counting on your return rollie and looking forward to a glimpse of your 3D house and surroundings. Maybe you'll be kind enough to share an image with us upon its completion. See you around...dude.

remark.....im trying to draw a shed, similar to the example below but im having truoble filleting the outside wall will the inside wall(room). ive completely forgotten how to do this. the lines ive drawn for the outside walls are polylines and ive used also used polylines for the inside wall, but when i offsetted both seperatly to create the depth of the wall, it wont allow me to fillet them together. sometimes it will work, but another line will be missing altogether.

hope this has made sense lol

cheersbuilding_floor_plan_01.gif

rollie: A down and dirty workaround (please, kids, don't try this at home) would be to explode the two adjacent lines and then try the fillet command on them and see if it works. You can use PEdit to join them back up or the Join command depending on your version of AutoCAD.

nothing seems to work. i managed to fillet it, but niw one line is missing and when i do the command pedit and joint, it only does a line across my work into the opposite corner. i cant belive i cant do this, its normally so easy.

do you reckon it has anything to do with how im offsetting my work. i draw the outside walls first, then offset it and then i draw the rectangle inside. i cant just draw individual lines as i need to make this thing fully 3d so i can subtract windows and doors

Check the properties of two of the lines you are trying to fillet. That should confirm or deny the "different elevation" theory.

I've got to beg off for an hour. But as the great one himself once said.....

I'll be back.

ive been doing that to draw the shap of most thing. as i was struggle filleting everything together. just i get mark on the 3d element and it would look as good if walls werent connected properly together

yeah thats what im going to do now, but it isnt going to look as good as if i was able to fillet the walls together to make them one. that example i chowed u previously, would it be possible if you could have ago and do something like it and see whether it works for you, and if so then explain tyo me how the hell you done it lol.

PM me with your email address. Do NOT post it here in the open. Spybots lurk everywhere. Maybe I can take a look at your drawing. Me trying to duplicate the situation isn't going to work. I need to see the real thing. That's my best offer.

did you recieve my PM, ive just got back to my computer and the screen from the message was still up after i thought i send it. i done it mate anyway, finally lol. thanks for the help. im sure we will talk again lol

Yes I did and a reply was just sent. You should be receiving it shortly.

I'm glad to here that you've done it mate. Jolly good show.