Viewports not showing and zoom problem

Hello all

I have been working on a drawing which has two problems.

1 - All layers are on, unfrozen, unlocked, but several unlocked viewports have there borders missing

2 - The drawing has several tabs with drawings borders and viewports, if after several minutes of being in model space, if i switch to a tab and zoom into a locked viewport to look at the dimenion text the view in the viewport zooms in when it is still locked.

:? This is a major problem on this particular drawings and im starting to think it is corrupted or has just got these glinchs in it.

I would be greatfull for any help of advice on what to do with this drawing to correct these issues.

thank you :) :D

you might try typing ucsfollow=0 in the layout, inside the viewport. not sure is this is your solution, but it solved a similar problem for me.

• 2 weeks later...

I am also having this issue with my drawings. Is there no other way to attempt to regain the view port? I have tried auditing, purging, xclips, wipeouts everything and still no Viewport boarder is showing up. Anyone have this same issue?

Hello guys

thank for the advice, but i think it is just a clinch or some sort, nothing is working. the other thing that does work is re-doing the drawing from scratch again.

thank for all your help :) :D

When editing certain entities in a locked viewport (mtext, dims) a transparent zoom can produce unusual effects but these should right themselves on completion of the command. If they're not doing so & it's happening across multiple drawings then I'd suggest there's something wrong with your AutoCAD installation.

hello thanks for advice "hedgehog" but ive could across another piece of information which i didnt have before.

When the drawings was first brought in by the architect they werent "cleaned" meaning most of the background wasnt needed, wasnt rearranged to single layers and wasnt purged in order to be simplified. Ive had a sit down with the design engineer and this seems to have done the job, no more clinchs.

Hope this helps anyone else who is having a similar problem

thanks for the help guys