Defaulting to the Relative mode

Stanier

Can you please tell me if it is possible to change the default mode for co-ordinates data entry in AutoCad 2000 from Absolute to Relative units as never having found the need to work in Absolute units it is a a pain to have to remember to insert the @ symbol.

Many thanks

I don't think there was the option on 2000 (but I may be wrong)... you do get used to inserting the @ symbol... then move on to 2008/2009 & half the time it doesn't show :x

Can you please tell me if it is possible to change the default mode for co-ordinates data entry in AutoCad 2000 from Absolute to Relative units as never having found the need to work in Absolute units it is a a pain to have to remember to insert the @ symbol.

Many thanks

You could always try to work in direct entry mode, where you pull the cursor in the direction needed, then enter the distance on the keyboard. Alternatively update to a version where dynamic input is an option.