AutoCAD 2006 trial CD

nannabug

I ordered the 2006 trial CD from Autodesk. I'm currently working with 2002. My question is, if I install this software will it affect my personal settings or affect my drawing files in any manner? If I decide not to purchase the license will there be a problem uninstalling it and returning to 2002 without losing the integrity of my 2002 drawings? I do not wish to redraw all the work I've already completed on my current project.

Guest ridwan

Hi nannabug,

If you install 2006 you can still keep your 2002 version and run them side by side.

ONLY REMEMBER, the 2006 file format is the same as the 2004 and 2005 and so it is incompatible with 2002 which is the 2000 DWG file format.

once you save your file in 2006 you will have to save them as 2000 format again in order to open them with 2002, and of course by doing so, you will lose all the new great features of 2006 :(

As for the uninstall, there shouldn't be any problem losing the integrity of your files. :unsure:

But, just as precaution, make a backup of your important files before installing 2006.

You won't lose all the new features. Interface improvements and most of the 2D features will still be there. Architectural Desktop has many major changes, and I'm not sure how many of them will translate.

• 3 years later...

nannabug,

I would like to order the autocad 2006 trial cd also, but where can I do that?

Could you send me a link to the page you ordered it from?

Would really appreciate it

Barraganarq

This thread was started almost 4 years ago! I doubt you can find the 2006 trial version any more. Why don't you try to get the latest AutoCAD trial version? Just go to the AutoDesk website.