Objects Printing Gray? ACAD 2008

KennyJ

I'm having this problem with drawings not printing the way they look in Autocad. I attached one of the drawings I'm having problems with, maybe one of you can open it and see if you have the same problem, and maybe even know a way to fix it. The problem is clear when you go to print preview all the leaders and numbers and almost any line object wants to print grey instead of the chosen color.

PrintTest.dwg

typically you need to select a black and white or monochrome pen table in the plot style table of the plotter dialog menu. you have it set to none so the dwg plots the color or greyscale for the red in your drawing.

typically you need to select a black and white or monochrome pen table in the plot style table of the plotter dialog menu. you have it set to none so the dwg plots the color or greyscale for the red in your drawing.

I have tried every plot style available and created a new one from scratch and keep getting the same results. If I copy everything to a new drawing file everything works but that's not an option way to time consuming.

No, this is an intermittent issue. The drawing was printing just fine before today. This happens to a lot of our drawings at work, I need to figure out why. This exact drawing printed fine on Friday, Today I opened it to fix a typo and when I went to reprint, everything started showing up as grey. I can't find any reason for it in the plot styles, and like I said all I did was open and change a line of text in Mtext. nothing else was changed from the last time it printed and all was fine.

yea I see now, sorry I was on the wrong track, I changed the viewports shade plot setting, be set to wireframe instead of as displayed and all red entities plotted black, but not the leaders in paperspace yet

I normally use STB files so I converted your drawing over to an STB and then I can plot fine with shademode set to hidden, etc. in the viewports. Maybe another reason to move over to the dark side (STB). :)

• 1 year later...
Not sure why but the fix is to go into each viewport and change SHADEMODE to 2D. Worked here anyway.

I've been tracking this problem, on this website and others. I have been having the same problem. This solution, by the way, does not work for me.

• 6 years later...