Can I Make Component Insertion Size Metric?

ziemerd

I'm inserting a connector on to a metric drawing but it is inserting sized in standard instead of metric. Is there a way to change this so the all components are inserted sized in metric?

My insertion scale is set to mm.

Thanks.

Dawn

Ok...just checked my drawing units and it's also in mm. I noticed the blocks that I made in mm insert just fine. It's the components on the tool pallet that come with ACE that insert in standard. I really don't want to have to convert it by hand every time I need a component and was hoping there was a setting somewhere.

Thanks for the help.

Dawn

I think I found the solution. When I open up Insert Component there's something along the bottom that lets me type in 25.4 and that works.

Thanks again.

Dawn

This issue can also be solved by setting up your project for IEC. I don't know how to do this because I was lucky enough to copy an IEC project which solved the problems.

right click on project in project manager, click on properties. on the far right tab under drawing format you can change between mm and inch and whatever scale factor you want for default. does that help?

-J

I did what you said to Electroman7979 and it changes the size of the connector but the text was still really tiny. What I had to do is change the path for the Schematic Libraries and Schematic Icon Menu File to point to IEC in the project properties.

Thanks for the help.

Dawn